Pinwherry and Pinmore Community Development Trust was formed in 2017 with the aim of improving the quality of life for residents of both communities and developing community projects. The Board comprises 7 Trustees and 52 members who meet monthly at a joint meeting with the Pinmore Community Association.
** PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS CURRENTLY PPCDT MEETINGS ARE UNABLE TO TAKE PLACE **
These meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 7:30pm in Pinwherry Community Hall and are open to all members. Please do come along!
Matters arising are discussed and decisions are agreed upon by the trustees, which are then communicated to the members for further discussions and review if required.
- Marie McNulty – Acting Chair
- Joe Rigby – Vice Chair
- David Walker
- Jean Wylie
- Mike Callaghan
- Anthony Hills
- Ann Berry
PPCDT Project Officer:
Tel: 01671 820654
The main project PPCDT is developing is the refurbishment of the former Pinwherry Primary School into a fit for purpose community facility. For more information about this project, please click here.
Other projects the PPCDT has carried out, or developing are:
- Enhancing Community Lay-bys – PPCDT manage the contract with South Ayrshire Council for maintenance of community lay-bys, flower tubs and community notice boards.
- Installing 6 Community Notice Boards – these display local scenic information and community events.
- Investigating New Play Park Facilities at Pinmore Green – PPCDT, in conjunction with local residents, have designed a scheme to include a play park and cycle track and now requires further development.
- Installing Defibrillators – PPCDT have secured funding to purchase and install defibrillators in the telephone kiosks in Pinwherry and Pinmore.
- Children’s Summer Holiday Project – PPCDT has worked with ACE (Adventure Centre for Education) in Girvan to deliver outdoor activities for local young people.
For more information, or to become a member of PPCDT, please contact Amy on the above contact details.