63 quiz sheets were returned from a wide area – Allerby, Ballantrae, Barrhill, Carnwath, Castle Douglas, Colmonell, Girvan, Glentrool, Hollybush, Kilmarnock, Lendalfoot, Maidens, Maybole, Pinmore, Pinwherry, Prestwick, Stranraer and Whithorn.
Several people had 20 correct answers, the winning entry drawn from hat was – John Wyllie, Burnfoot Cottage, Pinwherry.
Pinwherry Community Association in association with the 2Pins Company would like to thank everyone for their support and generosity.
Correct answers are shown below:
Solve these puzzles to name the Christmas Songs. All capital letters are Anagrams – (number of words in brackets).
1. MAN WEARY AGAIN (4) Away in a Manger
2. Kris Kringle is going to visit this place Santa Claus is coming to Town
3, LBLSJGNEEIL (2) Jingle Bells
4. You don’t want him stuck here, not on the 24th When Santa got Stuck up the Chimney
5. LATCH ELK SHED (3) Deck the Halls
6. Does this animal have a coloured nose? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
7. GET HER NEW SKI (3) We Three Kings
8. Hang it up, kiss, and have a drink Mistletoe and Wine
9. TINSEL THING (2) Silent Night
10. How many days in the festive period The Twelve Days of Christmas
11. AN HEFTY SNOWSTORM (3) Frosty the Snowman
12. In the garden, a prickly plant + a climbing plant The Holly and the Ivy
13. RTSIMTSAHIEWCH (2) White Christmas
14. Virgin’s small male offspring. Mary’s Boy Child
15. WILT DONNER WANDER (2) Winter Wonderland
16. Season’s Greetings (w.w.y.a.m.c.a.a.h.n.y) We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
17. TWO LISTEN (3) Let it Snow
18. One seasons story A Winter Tale
19. ACKNOWLEDGE SONG IS (3) Good King Wenceslas
20. Bring happiness to the universe Joy to the World